Saturday 13 August 2011

A new name

It has been a fair few months since my last blog post. On that last post i said i would start blogging regularly but of course i didn't. It was not because i didn't want to or even that i didn't have enough free time to. I couldn' put my finger on why, why i just couldn't face doing it.
A few weeks ago i read a book called the Unschooling Handbook by Sara McGrath, as i wanted to get a view on that style of home ed and because after talking to friends about unschooling i felt it was what we were already doing/wanting to do. It was a wonderful, comforting and reassuring read. I always worry that i do not do enough with Hayden in the way of educational things, even though i know its not what he needs at this age i still panic sometimes that i should be doing MORE MORE MORE.
The unschooling handbook helped me ground myself and really helped me to identify with what i want our home educating life to entail and what i want for Hayden. Until now ive been feeling a bit like a fraud, like im not really doing home ed properly for some silly reason. But after reading the book i feel refreshed and at peace now, like im in my own skin now and have found my niche, on my outlook on home ed and our life. We're unschoolers, not homeschoolers and that goes for the whole of our life not just our home education (hence the change of name). Because unschooling is a lifestyle. A wonderful, scary, fulfilling and exciting lifestyle and im now proud to say it. And only now do i feel able to blog about our life.
Let the blogging commence!



























No comments:

Post a Comment