Tuesday 20 July 2010

And so our journey begins!






Welcome to my blog. I have been contemplating starting one for a while now, as i so much enjoy reading the blogs of other like-minded parents that i admire. But i have always felt that i am awful at putting down how i feel, it all gets jumbled inside me and bursts out in an incoherent mess. But what better way to work on it eh. 

I have recently decided, after so much painful deliberation, to give home education a go. It has been such a hard decision knowing what to do for the best for Hayden, but i really feel that it is right for him at this point in time. I feel a mixture of intrepidation, excitement, fear of the unknown. I am proud of myself for taking that giant step that i could so easily have avoided. 

I do not know any other parents who do things in any way similar to me. I am seen as a weirdo, an alien, and a hippy among my friends and family. I get told i will spoil my youngest Artie because we co-sleep and i only use a sling and not a pushchair, and because i actually like to hold my child, enjoy him and involve him in the hustle and bustle of my life. He is not an inconvenience, nor is he a naughty little dog i need to tame and control. People dont understand why i want to breastfeed him until he is a toddler, and why i use cloth nappies and natural toys and why i let him lead the way in the life with eating and sleeping. To me these things are logical, natural and the right thing to do, and its so frustrating that people in my life dont see that.

Home education is another example, every time i mention it to people they ridicule it and just cant understand why i would possible want to do it. But i feel it is right, and he is my child so ha!

Below are some pictures of my beautiful family.


No comments:

Post a Comment